Wednesday, June 12, 2013

dis gurl gon b busy

Summer. Holy. Crap.

  
I have so many things that I want to do.

I have this picture in my head of me waking up every morning at 6 am and watching the sunrise while I read my scriptures and eat breakfast on the back porch, and be all spiritually cleansed for the day. And then I'm going to exercise (it took me three tries before autocorrect would even recognize that word to correct it) and get a six pack, and keep in touch with all my friends, and I'm going to be a boss this summer and actually do all of it.

You know, something about me: I like to plan. I like to plan a lot. Sometimes I get so excited about my plans that I don't actually do any of them.

But not this summer. No, no, no.

 
I'm making a serious game plan. This summer, I'm going to be happy, productive, healthy, well-rested, and not lazy. I'm going to reach the day before I go back to school and be able to say, "Dang, girl, you done good."
 
So. Here's my list of things I want to do summer 2013
 
 
THINGS I WANT TO DO: SUMMER 2013
 
1. Wake up early every morning and read my scriptures while I watch the sunrise. (Must. Finish. New. Testament. For. Seminary. Grade.)
 
2. Keep a photo journal 1 beautiful thing for every day.
 
3. Write a pantomime.
 
4. Practice the National Anthem with the Socialaires. A lot.
 
5. Take a picture of the sunset every night, no matter where you are, and collect them at the end of the summer.
 
6. Draw with chalk in one of my friends neighborhoods all of the sidewalks.
 
7. Plan Homecoming.
 
8. Run on the treadmill every morning in the garage while watching Season 2 of Lost.
 
9. Read at least 3 new books.
 
10. Finish the drawing for my teacher of him and his wife for her birthday.
 
11. Get my permit.
 
12. Keep my room clean.
 
13. Host a dance on the basketball court.
 
14. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
 
15. Go to the movies with a group of friends. You know, I've never done that before.
 
16. Personal Progress. Do it.
 
17. Learn how to French braid.
 
18. Do my only summer homework: Create a project out of the theme "make a difference".
 
19. Learn how to curl my own hair.
 
20. Paint a picture. Don't know what of yet.
 
I've got more in my head too, don't worry. I'm so excited. So freakin' excited.
 


One more thing. I think I've found one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. From 27 Dresses.

 
Happy summer,
Nicole :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog! And all of your moving picture things. My plan for a more productive summer wasn't as foolproof as yours, sadly.

    ReplyDelete