Sunday, June 9, 2013

the awesomeness of freshman year

HOLY COW WOW my freshman year is over.


Taylor Swift's secret = Go to high school. Write it all down.

Guys, nine months ago, I was terrified to be in high school. I'd heard how hard and awful it was, all the bad things that go on.

You know what I found?

High school rocksIt has been the best step of my life so far. 

Sure, the first week was overwhelming. I got lost on the way to my class a couple times. The seniors were a little intimidating at first. But I have never had such a fun time. I've gotten involved in sports, drama, choir, leadership. Some of my best friends are seniors and juniors. And sophomores. And freshman. From all different cliques and personalities. It's great.

And it is true that there are negative influences all around. But how are you supposed to be a shining example in the world if there is no dark to fight?

Here come the clichés.

I have made so many amazing and incredible friends this year.

First day:

Last day:
 
Seriously. I don't know why me and my BFFs aren't in a Nickelodeon TV show, because we would be perfect. Movie nights on the weekends, staying up late talking and eating and laughing and talking and crying and and taking cheesy iPod photos and going to dances and passing each other notes via teachers.

 

 

 


 
 

 


I've been able to experience some rougher stuff this year than I have in earlier years, which is all cool, because not very many people in this world are as lucky and blessed as I am to have people like my friends and my family.
 
I mean, come on. I've got friends who email me stuff like this on a regular basis.
 

Seriously.
 
Some days I felt like this:

Other days I felt like this:
 
 
But I love it all. Even waking up for seminary every single flipping morning at 4:45.
 
I. love. it. all.
 
It has gone by SO FREAKING FAST. Like, I can't believe that I have to do four years of high school and I just did one. I have three left. HOLY FREAKING CANOLES.

Maybe this is just newlittlefreshman-itis. But I hope it's not. I hope I can live my next three years as excited and happy as I am now.

Here's to an incredible year.

3 comments:

  1. My eyes are leaking with happy wetness. So many feelings......so many memories going rushing through my head. I remember so very clearly that first day in Mr. Aerts' geometry class and we were all just sitting there awkwardly....to then having Drew and Ashley and Jake be some of my best friends. Then to Ms. Lehmann's spanish class and that video we made, to basketball games laughing with Genesis, crying during Share the Love assemblies, walking from play practice to the soccer pitch to watch a game, laughing so hard at lunch time we're both bawling our faces off onto the floor, heart to hearts, looking at each other when certain people walk by and knowing EXACTLY what the other person is feeling. Giving each other those looks in choir when a harmony comes together perfectly and the Spirit goes all "let's enter high school" on us, having equally funny Mr. D stories to share, all our complicated jokes and situations and some of my favorite memories with Jory...do you remember LINK day? Because I remember every single detail from that day so clearly.

    How many times do you think you opened my locker for me 'cause I couldn't get it open? How many times did we drop our bags in the hallway and go running at each other for a hug? How many times we walked by people in the hallway that would soon be some of our best friends.......I just can't believe it's really all over. I'm really glad I have three more years in that place that everyone else seems to hate, ahahahaha.

    So yeah, new school supplies and school clothes are a couple hundred bucks, registration fees and athletic fees even more, Richard Nace was five dollars and textbooks are expensive to replace.

    But you know what?

    Freshmen year was pricless.

    Love you sooooo much. Here's to Sophomore year.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL THE FEELS.

    You said everything I couldn't put into words into the most perfect words ever.

    I LOVE YOU.

    Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nicole,do you have an email?

    ReplyDelete