Sunday, June 23, 2013

why God is the ultimate artist

My friend gave the coolest talk in sacrament meeting today. She said pretty much everything that I've ever wanted to say and understand about art and music and our Heavenly Father. It was absolutely beautiful.

She reminded me:

I am one of God's daughters.

That's kind of awesome.

If I'm his daughter, that means he's my dad. And I bet I'm more like him than I know.

When I'm painting, and giving special care and attention to every detail, what if-- WHAT IF-- that's a shadow of a sliver of a glimpse of how God felt creating the earth?

We inherit his creativity and share his desire to make beautiful things.

Have you ever looked at a seed and thought about how crazy and amazing it is? Heavenly Father thought of that. The Northern lights? He made that. The moon changing shapes, leaves changing colors, sunsets and sunrises. He made it all. Your own flipping foot? Look at it. That is how you know that He has a sense of humor.

Some people see a rainbow as nothing more than light. HELLO? YOU GUYS? Rainbows are freaking amazing. Who could possibly think to create something that simple and beautiful after something like a rainstorm? Only God.

He created sound and music and he blessed us with the ability to be close to him by creating it. I watch this video this morning before church, and it reminded me just how amazing life is.



I love music. You know what? Heavenly Father probably loves music too. In fact, I know He does.

We are so much more like Him than we realize.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around everything. He took the time to make every. single. star. And he remembers each of them.

He took the time to make every single human being, and he remembers each of us. Not just remembers us. He cares about us. He loves us with an infinite love, and he has a plan for each of us.

I still don't know how he listens to all those prayers at the same time. But I do know that he hears them and that he answers them.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much. If you ever forget, please reread as often as needed.

Life is pretty awesome, guys. Let's be grateful for it.



2 comments: